Yesterday we time traveled back to the States after spending two weeks on the other side of the world. Japan and Korea, you are amazing. Photos to come, but here are a few initial takeaways:
- I love traveling with my husband. In the days before our departure, we set some guidelines to stay in tune as we experience new things together, like, don't get stressed if things don't go as planned, keep the love flowing, etc. As a result, I felt more close to him than ever and our marriage feels strengthened
- Packing light was one of the smartest things we did. A backpack, a duffel and one small carry on suitcase between the two of us. Your back will thank you, you can be more mobile, and minimize the risk of losing items
- I really love both sides of our family, and I wish we could see them all the time!
- Communication without common language is hard, but body language goes a long way. [As a side note, does anyone know where I can learn sign language?]
- Japan has better food than we do, far and beyond. I don't know what to eat anymore
- Despite not knowing what to eat, I come home with a strong urge to cook
I've been reflecting about my 28th birthday coming soon. In the past I would invite all of my amazing friends for a night of good eating and drinking out on the town, and it's always so epic and fun. But this year I am feeling more inward and am feelin something small scale. I'm planning on celebrating my body and soul on this day, and am toying with a me-day. What would I do if I had no one else to please? I know that sounds like an obvious question, but the truth is, it's hard for me to do. I even have a hard time choosing what to eat for dinner. So, I'd like to practice a little more self-nurturing.
To prepare for this self-celebration, I've stepped outside of my comfort zone and signed up for a 10 day sugar cleanse (today is the last day to sign up, if you want to join me!), and an online class at an entrepreneurial school. Hoping for a little inspiration toward leading a life I want to live. Baby steps, right?